There are so many things to do in NYC and one of my favorite places has to be Columbus Circle. I never ventured to this part of the city until Alex and I moved to the west side 1.5 years ago. Being right before the entrance into Central Park makes this place a great pit-stop to add to your plan for the day! This area was built back in 1905 and have since developed to one of the central hubs in NYC for fine dining and retail. Named after the Christopher Columbus statue in the middle, the surrounding is a collection of all things New York: Central Park, taxi’s everywhere, and the plethora of food options.
Location: Columbus Circle
THINGS TO DO
- TAKE SOME INSTAGRAM PHOTOS AROUND THE CIRCLE; THIS IS PERFECT BECAUSE THERE IS NEVER A LACK OF TAXIS
- GO HAVE LUNCH INSIDE TIME WARNER CABLE BUILDING – 4TH FLOOR WHERE THERE ARE LOTS OF CUTE CAFES OR BOOK A FANCY DINNER AT MANY OF THE FAMOUS RESTAURANTS IN NYC SUCH AS PER SE
- SHOP! THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT STORES AROUND
- ENJOY SOME GELATO AT GROM
- HEAD DOWNSTAIRS INTO THE SUBWAY STATION FOR THE NEW TURNSTYLE FOOD MARKET; A FOOD COURT OF SORTS UNDERGROUND!
There are so many shops at the Time Warner Cable Center – see the full list here.
Find a list of restaurants / cafes here.
- D all times / B during weekdays
- A all times / C during day time
- 1 all times / 2 during late night