There are so many things to do in NYC and one of my favorite places has to be Columbus Circle. I never ventured to this part of the city until Alex and I moved to the west side 1.5 years ago. Being right before the entrance into Central Park makes this place a great pit-stop to add to your plan for the day! This area was built back in 1905 and have since developed to one of the central hubs in NYC for fine dining and retail. Named after the Christopher Columbus statue in the middle, the surrounding is a collection of all things New York: Central Park, taxi’s everywhere, and the plethora of food options.
Location: Columbus Circle
THINGS TO DO
- TAKE SOME INSTAGRAM PHOTOS AROUND THE CIRCLE; THIS IS PERFECT BECAUSE THERE IS NEVER A LACK OF TAXIS
- GO HAVE LUNCH INSIDE TIME WARNER CABLE BUILDING – 4TH FLOOR WHERE THERE ARE LOTS OF CUTE CAFES OR BOOK A FANCY DINNER AT MANY OF THE FAMOUS RESTAURANTS IN NYC SUCH AS PER SE
- SHOP! THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT STORES AROUND
- ENJOY SOME GELATO AT GROM
- HEAD DOWNSTAIRS INTO THE SUBWAY STATION FOR THE NEW TURNSTYLE FOOD MARKET; A FOOD COURT OF SORTS UNDERGROUND!
There are so many shops at the Time Warner Cable Center – see the full list here.
Find a list of restaurants / cafes here.
- D all times / B during weekdays
- A all times / C during day time
- 1 all times / 2 during late night
So much to do there in such a little part of New York! I’m so jealous. It feels like there is hardly anything to do in the entire city where I live haha
SHANNON VALLE life + style blog
yesss there are so many hidden treasures in nyc and I love exploring new parts!
So useful, I wanna come back in NWY as soon as possible and do everything! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Have a lovely New Year, full of your dreams!
Yes yes!! you definitely should come back and explore more of the city!
Oh my gosh!! I love how you shared this! I’m always looking for new things to do in NYC. I’ve walked through Columbus Circle many times but would have never known to go to the warner cable building for a cute cafe! The next time I’m in the city I’ll have to check it out.
Yesss girl! one of my favorite places in the city because of the vibe! Would love to hang out with you when you come back!
Such a wonderful place and time of year to visit NYC!
Yes! NYC is always a good idea!
haha getting a shot with the taxis is essential ;D I’ve walked by Columbus Circle a few times but I’ve never ventured into the Time Warner Cable building before! Thanks for sharing 🙂 -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s
ahah yesss those taxi shots are my go-to! This building is so amazing!